This is the first step in setting up your CloudGate. Please follow the instructions below carefully.
- Connect the CloudGate to your computer via ethernet cable.
Make sure to use the LAN ethernet port to connect the CloudGate to your computer.
- Connect the CloudGate to the internet using an ethernet cable.
Make sure to use the WAN ethernet port on the CloudGate.
In case you want to connect the CloudGate to the internet using the Mobile network (i.e. 4G/LTE,...), you can skip this step.
- Power on the CloudGate by plugging in the power supply.
Please note! It takes about 3minutes to perform a cold boot!
- Open your web browser and browse to 192.168.1.1.
- Log in using “admin” as default username and “admin” as default password.
It is highly recommended to change the username and password! This can be done in the "System" tab in the "Username & Password" section.
- Next, click on the “Summary” page to check if the CloudGate is connected to the internet. In the example below, the CloudGate is connected via the WAN Ethernet connection.
- In case you are connecting the CloudGate to the internet using the Mobile Network, please proceed to the "Interfaces" tab and click on "LTE Connection".
- Enter the APN of your Mobile Network Operator in the designated field, together with the preferred authentication method.
- Make sure to press the "Save changes" button after completion.
- Click on the “Summary” page to check if the CloudGate is connected to the internet. In the example below, the CloudGate is connected via the LTE connection.
Please note! If your computer is connected to the LAN port of the CloudGate, it will get internet access through this interface. In case the CloudGate is connected over the Mobile Network (4G/LTE) any data your computer generates will go over this Mobile connection!
Congratulations, you are now ready to proceed to the next step!